What’s more relaxing than tossing a bath bomb in your tub and soaking in the fizziness after a stressful day? Ordinary bath bombs are great! But when infused with CBD, you might find yourself spending more time in the bath than usual.
If you’re into baths, which we assume all of us are, it’s likely you’ve used, or you’re familiar with bath bombs. These hand-sized globes facilitate a relaxing bath experience due to the characteristic fizz and pleasant aroma that helps you unwind and release tension in your body. With the help of cannabidiol (CBD) you can take this feeling of relaxation to a whole new level.
According to an evaluation of pre-clinical research by the National Institutes of Health (NIH), CBD is a promising therapeutic agent for a growing list of health issues – including skin health, pain relief, relaxation, and muscle recovery. Due to its wide range of potential health benefits, the cannabinoid has been showing up in wellness products and cosmetics such as bath bombs.
Do you want to know if CBD bath bombs are for you? And more importantly, how they can enhance your bathing experience? Read on as we answer some of the most frequent questions asked on Google by consumers and curious minds.
To understand the benefits of CBD bath bombs, we must first determine the benefits of ordinary bath bombs. People use bath bombs for a variety of reasons. Some seek to unwind after a long day; others are looking to relieve knots and aches in their body, while there are people who use bath bombs as part of their skincare routine. Whichever reason tickles their fancy, CBD can accentuate the impact.
Although not conclusive, scientific data suggests that CBD has anti-inflammatory, antioxidation, and pain relief properties. These benefits complement the primary aim of using bath bombs – i.e., relaxation. For example, the anti-inflammatory and pain relief properties of CBD can help with post-workout recovery, the general feeling of relaxation, and relief from aching joints or muscles. Similarly, the antioxidant properties help combat free radical such as environmental pollutants, smoke, and UV rays. If you’re not aware, free radicals are associated with aging (fine lines and wrinkles) and skin damage. Simply put, a CBD bath bomb is a luxurious and convenient way to experience the benefits of CBD.
CBD bath bombs are able to provide these therapeutic and cosmetic benefits by interacting with endocannabinoid receptors within your skin. For a quick overview, the endocannabinoid system (ECS) regulates and modulates the homeostasis (balance) of various body functions such as appetite, sleep, and mood. CBD and other phytocannabinoids stimulate the ECS and promote its efficacy in maintaining balance.
Aside from CBD, Kino bath bombs contain essential oils among other beneficial organic ingredients that may improve your feeling of relaxation, relieve pain, and improve your skin’s appearance.
No one wants to get intoxicated in a bathtub. With this in mind, some consumers are reluctant to use CBD bath bombs due to the misconception that the products will get them high. This high-inducing notion likely stems from the close association of CBD to its psychoactive cousin, tetrahydrocannabinol (THC).
The fact of the matter is that CBD doesn’t produce a high when it’s applied topically, inhaled, ingested, or when you soak in a fizzy tub of CBD bath bombs. Unlike THC that bind to CB1 endocannabinoid receptors in the central nervous system, CBD topicals interact with CB2 receptors in the skin, immune system, and other parts of the peripheral nervous system – hence CBD is not psychoactive.
Kino CBD source their CBD from organically cultivated industrial hemp, which contains less than 0.3% THC content. This means that there is a negligible probability that you’ll get high. It also means that you don’t have to look over the bathroom window for DEA agents. This is because hemp and hemp-derived products with less 0.3% THC are federally legal following the 2018 Farm Bill.
If you’re concerned over undesirable side effects from soaking in CBD bath bombs, a report by the World Health Organization claims that CBD is well-tolerated and generally safe, with minimal-to-no side effects. However, children, pregnant, and breastfeeding women are advised against using CBD products due to the lack of ample scientific evidence on its impact on these populations. People on other medications are also recommended to consult their doctors before using CBD bath bombs and similar products.
- General Feeling of Wellbeing: Who else drools over the thought of lying in a sweet-smelling tub, a low-lit bathroom, and perhaps a glass of your champagne in hand? While CBD bath bombs don’t necessarily provide all this luxury, the feeling of wellbeing they facilitate comes pretty close. Most consumers love CBD bath bombs due to their basic wellness properties, which help relieve a wide range of symptoms.
- Skincare Benefits of Kino CBD bath bombs: The skin is our largest body organ and the first line of defense against pathogens and free radicals. Therefore, we must nourish and pamper it with the best ingredients nature has to offer. Similar to essential oils and other organic ingredients, CBD is increasingly attracting the attention of manufactures and consumers in the skincare industry due to its promising potential in improving skin health. The antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties of CBD may amplify the effect of bath bombs. Some studies also suggest that CBD regulates the production of sebum oil – hence helping maintains skin moisture and potentially managing the breakout of acne.
- Unwinding from Everyday Stress: A bath is not always about getting clean and improving skin health, some people also use the moment to unwind and let go of all the anxiety and stress that characterize today’s fast-paced society. In fact, the Anxiety and Depression Association of America approximates that over 4 million Americans struggle with anxiety and stress. Luckily, preliminary research claims that CBD can help manage symptoms of anxiety and facilitate a calming feeling of wellbeing. In addition to the relaxing feel of soaking a fizzy tub, a CBD bath bomb can help take your mind off the stressing hustle and bustle of life.
- Enhanced Muscle Recovery and Pain Management: If you’re an athlete, weekend warrior, or simply a physically active person, CBD bath bombs might be good for your recovery process. It’s believed that CBD might help with the level of concentration, quality of sleep, inflammation, and pain relief. These properties can improve or reduce the recovery period after an intense workout. It can also be beneficial for people suffering from chronic pain and inflammatory conditions.
What Does a CBD Bath Bomb do?
A CBD bath bomb does pretty much what a traditional bath bomb does, but with an extra kick – courtesy of CBD. It’s typically a hand-held globe of baking soda (sodium bicarbonate), citric acid, essential oils, and in our case, whole plant hemp CBD extract.
Organic essential oils such a rose oil, pineapple oil, coconut oil, or lavender oil lend an enticing scent, color, and respective therapeutic benefits. For example, lavender helps improve sleep quality and calm your nerves, while coconut oil is great for hydrating dry skin. The outer layer of baking soda and citric acid works by reacting with the bathwater for a glorious show of fizziness that’s calming to hear, and soothing to soak in.
A CBD bath bomb works similar to topical CBD products such as lotions and oils – and perhaps more effectively. The CBD engages the localized endocannabinoid receptors through the open pores in your skin, thanks to the moisture and humidity of the bath. Together with other organic nutrients, CBD facilitates full-body relaxation.
When it comes to high-quality and affordable CBD bath bombs, you can’t go wrong with the assortment of Kino CBD bath bombs. Available CBD bath bombs include:
- 100mg CBD Bath Bomb (Activated Charcoal)
- 100mg CBD Bath Bomb (Pineapple Coconut)
- 100mg CBD Bath Bomb (Rose)
- 100mg CBD Bath Bomb (Lavender)
Each product sells for $19.99 (exclusive of coupon discounts) and is specially formulated to bring out the best out of every bath. They are the perfect combination of CBD and nutrient-rich essential oils, which collectively work to soothe sore muscles, reduce inflammation, and stabilize your mood after a long day.
Kino CBD bath bomb use ethically-sourced organic ingredients to help protect your body and the environment. The products also undergo rigorous quality assurance process to ensure they meet the highest standards of quality.
Take a soak in one of Kino CBD’s bath bombs and let your pains, aches, troubles, and tension wash away in a reinvigorating formulation of whole plant hemp CBD. And did we mention that they smell great?